While Naomi bags the title Jennifer Brady wins hearts by a very inspiring post match speech.
Naomi Osaka is the unquestionable queen of women’s tennis and what the social media is making out her post match speech to be a troll on Brady is not in the right spirit.
The Japanese star was relentless as she won her 4th grand slam title by defeating Jennifer Brady 6-4 6-3 in the 2021 Australian Open final on Saturday night.
Osaka, who advanced to the final after easily brushing aside Serena Williams in the semis, was too stylish and calm for Brady, who tasted defeat in the first grand slam final of her career.
The American has relished a swift rise in the past 12 months, making the US Open semi-finals last year and the final at Melbourne Park, but she’ll have to wait a bit longer for another opportunity at lifting some silverware at one of tennis’ four most prominent tournaments.
While Naomi took away the cup Brady won the hearts of the fans. She paid tribute to an “inspirational” Osaka in the post-match speech. Jennifer Brady was extremely gracious in her speech, she thanked everyone who had to be and she congratulated all those involved. She was all praise for Naomi.
Naomi on the other hand also heaped praise on her opponent — but started off by savagely trolling her rival.
Maybe she didn’t hear what Brady said, or maybe it was deliberate. Either way, it was not overlooked by the internet.
Hashtags: #JenniferBrady #NaomiOsaka #AusOpen
- Maria Sharapova attends The Hand of God premier at the Venice Film Festival
- How Does Maria Sharapova See Herself
- Andy Murray Pissed off at Tsitsipas’ Unfair Gamesmanship
- How to Watch US Open Live Stream From Anywhere in the World
- Muguruza and Andreescu Celebrate the Tennis Season in New York while playing Ping Pong
- Can you Match this Maria Sharapova Pilates Home Workout