Andy Murray’s wild card entry is confirmed for the ATP 250 Open Sud de France.
Former top seed Andy Murray will make his ATP Tour come back with next week’s Open Sud de France in Montpellier, as per official reports.
Murray reached the finals in the Biella Challenge event in Italy in his first tournament of the year.
The 33-year-old Scot, a 3-time Grand Slam winner (US Open 2012, Wimbledon 2013 and 2016) was obliged to pull out of the ongoing 2021 Australian Open due to a positive Covid-19 test.
“It is now official that Andy Murray, former World No 1, multiple Slam winner and double Olympic Gold medallist, will play in 2021 Open Sud de France,” the organisers of the competition starting on February 21 said.
“With 46 ATP titles he is one of the finest players of the last 10 years.
“After injury troubles over the past few years, he has been working relentlessly in the off season and looking forward to participating at the highest level once again in 2021.”
Murray only played 7 official matches in 2020 as he battled a pelvic glitch which compromised his efforts to reconstruct his career after hip surgery.
The Scot, who had originally been given a wildcard at the 2021 Australian Open, was upset at missing the tournament and believes he became afflicted with Covid-19 at the National Tennis Centre in London, where majority of Britain’s top tennis players trained during the pandemic.
He said he was “pretty sick” and had unknowingly infected his wife Kim and their three young children with the virus.
For the ATP 250 tournament in France Andy Murray has received a wild card and can proceed to play in Montpellier next week.
Hashtags: #andymurray #murray
- Stefanos Tsitsipas and Novak Djokovic chasing their own piece of history in Sunday’s final
- Schwartzman’s focus is on his game and not Nadal’s at Roland Garros
- Novak Djokovic vs Alex Molcan Belgrade 2021 Preview, H2H & Prediction
- Novak Djokovic’s view on Naomi Osaka’s stance on post-match pressers
- Novak Djokovic’s Sumo wrestling secret exposed on his 34th Birthday
- Nadal Limited Edition Kia Babolat Eco Friendly Bag Unveiled